My book, Fidget to Focus -Outwit Your Boredom: Sensory Strategies for Living with ADD, with co-author Roland Rotz, Ph.D., is available in online bookstores everywhere. This book is full of practical information on ADHD, and techniques to help you both concentrate better and more easily accomplish all those boring tasks our lives are filled with. Visit the Fidget To Focus web site to learn more. Click on the book cover to see for yourself!
These are links for those wanting to learn more about ADHD. There are many sites on the web about ADHD, but many are promoting products or specific agendas. The links listed here are all to organizations whose primary goal is to provide the best possible information on ADHD and related topics.
|ADDA: Attention Deficit Disorder Association||add.org|
|CHADD: Children and Adults with ADD||chadd.org|
|National Resource Center on ADHD||help4adhd.org|
|The Natl Center for Gender Issues and ADD||NCGIADD.org|
|Born to Explore! The other side of ADD||borntoexplore.org|
|National Institute of Mental Health||nimh.nih.gov|
|Learning Disabilities Association of America||ldanatl.org|
There are a number of great magazines and email newsletters for people with ADHD. The following are home sites for some of them, all of which are helpful and informative Web sites in their own right.
|ADDitional News, Email Newsletter||ADDConsults.com|
|ADHDnews, Email Newsletter||ADHDnews.com|
|All Kinds of Minds, E-mail Newsletter||allkindsofminds.org|
|Attention! Magazine, with membership to CHADD||chadd.org|
|Attention Research Update, E-mail Newsletter||helpforadd.com|
Sarah’s Recommended Reading List
This is my recommended ADHD reading list. These books cover a range of topics, are good introductions to the subjects, and are by a variety of the best and best-known authors. Some are also available as audio books on casette tape or CD, which may make them more accessible.
Overviews of ADHD
- Driven to Distraction by Edward Hallowell and John Ratey
(also on audio cassette and CD)
- You mean I’m not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy by Kate Kelly and Peggy Ramundo
(also on audio cassette)
- Thom Hartmann’s Complete Guide to ADHD by Thom Hartmann
- Attention Deficit Disorder by Thomas E. Brown
- Taking Charge of AD/HD by Russell Barkley
- Understanding Girls With ADHD by Kathleen Nadeau, Ellen Littman, and Patricia Quinn
- Teenagers With ADD: A Parents’ Guide by Chris A. Zeigler Dendy
- Raising Your Spirited Child by Mary Sheedy Kurcina (also on audio cassette)
- A Mind at a Time by Mel Levine (also on audio cassette and CD)
- 123 Magic by Thomas Phelan (also on audio cassette)
- Journeys Through ADDulthood by Sari Solden
- Women with Attention Deficit Disorder by Sari Solden
- A.D.D. and Romance by Jonathan Scott Halverstadt
- 10 Simple Solutions to Adult ADD by Stephanie Sarkis
- Integrative Treatment for Adult ADHD by Ari Tuckman
- A.D.D. & Addiction by Wendy Richardson
- ADD-Friendly Ways to Organize Your Life by Judith Kolberg and Kathleen Nadeau
- Attention Deficit Disorder and the Law by P.S. Latham and P.H. Latham
- Survival Guide For College Students with ADD or LD by Kathleen Nadeau
- Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain by John J. Ratey
The source of the quotes used on this website, if not otherwise specified, is www.wisdomquotes.com.